Emergency Response and District News Public Blogs

Grease FireCheck out this amazing sequence of photos from the fire safety demonstration held on Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College campus! Cloquet Area Fire District firefighter Wyatt Fall simulates the danger of using water to extinguish a grease fire...a common mistake made in kitchens when a pan is left unattended on a stovetop.

 Students and staff learned and were reminded that the best method to put out a grease fire is to "suffocate" it with another pan or lid. Cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home injuries.

See the entire series of incredible pictures on FDLTCC's Facebook page.  Click here

Or visit the CAFD Facebook page.  Click here

Ice rescue 2Firefighters took advantage of the thin ice to practice their ice rescue techniques last Saturday. The CAFD would like to encourage people to stay off the ice until you are certain it can hold the weight of you and your gear or vehicle.

Ice rescue 1

901 W ProspectCAFD units responded to a structure fire at 901 Prospect Ave West Tuesday. BC 3, Engine 2 and Engine 31 responded. Upon arrival firefighters found a grease fire on the kitchen range. The fire was extinguished quickly and there was litt...le damage done to the structure. The residence was then ventilated to clear smoke and carbon monoxide build up.

 

The home owner acted quickly by smothering the grease fire with a lid. That acted to contain the fire until the firefighters responded and put the fire out. The home also had working smoke alarms which activated and alerted the home owner of the fire. Kitchen fires are the leading cause of fire in both Minnesota and the U.S. CAFD would like to remind you "if you cook stay and look."

Saturday, November 22, 2014
 

Bush Fdn. Video

District Fire Chief

Kevin M. Schroeder

Cloquet Weather

25°
-3°
°F | °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 69%
14 mph
Fri
Clouds Early/Clearing Late
23 | 23
-5 | -5
Sat
Mostly Cloudy
28 | 32
-2 | 0