Originally reported by WDIO.com on 1/29/2013
Division Chief Ken Klatt got the surprise of his life on Saturday, down in St. Cloud. He received the Training Officer of the Year Award, from the Fire Instructors and Training Officers Association of Minnesota.
He was chosen over 100s of other training officers in the state.
"I was shocked. I had no words," he said with a laugh on Tuesday in Scanlon.
Klatt is in charge of making sure all 60 firefighters int he Cloquet Area Fire District are up-to-date on their numerous and extensive training requirements. There is training going on daily, in between medical calls and fire calls.
"Its about making sure the crews go home at night. Giving them the training they need to do their jobs safely," he said.
His fire chief said that this award is well deserved recognition for Cloquet and all other agencies that Klatt's trained.
CAFD staff is showing up for work in pink t-shirts throughout October in support of cancer research. As part of the national “Care Enough To Wear Pink” campaign, the CAFD along with fire departments all over the country, are wearing special pink t-shirts to bring attention to the fight against breast and other cancers.
In conjunction with the International Association of Firefighters “Passionately Pink for the Cure” campaign, both union and non union CAFD staff are participating in the program. Shirts were purchased at employee cost and all proceeds go to fund cancer research.
More Articles ...
- CAFD Hosts Regional State Fire School
- District sets a Zero Percent levy Increase for 2013
- CAFD Receives New Medic Unit
- Carlton County Volunteer and Donation Center Opens
- Flood Information for Cloquet Area
- District Receives Safe Communities Grant
- CAFD Heats Up The North Shore
- Delores Karulak Wins Home Show Drawing!!!
- New Fire Protection Rates Take Effect
- District Awarded Training Grant