News Details

  • Email
  • Print

CAFD Responds to Kitchen Grease Fire

On Thursday afternoon, CAFD units responded to a small kitchen grease fire. The fire occurred when the caregiver at the facility attempted to extinguish a grease fire in a pan with water. Upon doing so, the fire spread to a paper towel roll and the curtains above the sink. When crews arrived, the fire was already out; however, there was minor smoke damage. Crews ventilated the building and checked for fire extension. No injuries occurred during this incident.

This is an good reminder to "Stay and Look When you Cook" and NEVER leave cooking food unattended. If a grease fire occurs in your home, slide a lid over the pan and turn off the heat source. NEVER use water to put out a grease fire as it causes it to spread and potentially causes injuries.

Top