News Details

  • Email
  • Print

Fire on 8th Street

Yesterday morning Chief 1, Battalion 1, Engine 1, Tower 1 and Engine 3 responded to the 600 block of 8th street for a possible structure fire.

Upon arrival, Chief 1 assumed command and reported a fire in a bedroom which the occupants believed was out. When crews entered the home they found that the fire had started on a bed and the bedding had been carried into the bathroom to be extinguished which caused damage to the bathroom. Crews put out the remaining hot spots and performed overhaul to check for extension in the bathroom. The mattress was taken out and the home was ventilated.

Carlton Ambulance was dispatched to assist one person who was injured. The cause of the fire was accidental in nature, and caused by smoking materials on a bed.

 

  

Top